These sessions have been introduced to provide a space for potters to develop, flourish and explore their new love of pottery. The sessions are not run as classes but given as a space for you to do your own thing!
How does it work?
- Sessions are 2.5 hours long and are run on Friday mornings.
- Clay session costs: Table space is £15pp or wheel hire £25pp. This does not include the cost of clay or firing. You are welcome to bring your own or buy clay from us in 1.5kg blocks. This costs £3 which can be paid on the day. Firing costs £2 per item (max size 15cm x 15cm). As a rough idea, you should be able to make two 12cm height mugs with 1.5kg of clay.
- Glaze session costs: Table space is £15pp but does not include glazes and firing. You are welcome to bring your own glazes or use ours. This will cost £5 per item ( max size 15cm x 15cm) Firing costs £2 per item. - This session is purely studio space and no teaching is provided. You are required to know your stuff! But if you have the odd question please don't be afraid to ask.
- We provide a selection of Earthenware and stoneware clays. You are welcome to use all our tools and supplies. But feel free to bring your own.
- You are required to clean up the tools and equipment used.
- Your clay piece will take 2 weeks to dry and then fire. You will be able to book your glazing session a fortnight after your making session.
- We can only store pottery for 3 weeks once pots are fired so you will need to arrange to come back to finish off your creation or arrange to pick up your finished pottery.
- Max capacity per session is 6 people ( 2 on the wheel and 4 at the tables) and is only suitable for adults with experience.
- Please arrive to your first session 10 mins before so we can show you where we keep our wonderful tools and equipment.
- Your 2.5 hour session includes setting up and cleaning up time.